Monday, March 26, 2007

A Contest Worth Entering

You can win a free copy of Subterranean Press's numbered limited edition of last year's mega fantasy debut, The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch.

Number One, in fact.

Collector's rejoice and all that noise.

Check out the ever helpful Pat's Fantasy Hotlist for details.

And if you don't win, be sure to pick it up your own copy anyway. This novel is not a fluke, and Lynch's series is going to make some noise in the genre for a long time to come.

I'm reading the sequel Red Seas Under Red Skies as I write this, and if anything, Lynch is improving as an author. Getting in on the ground floor of this landmark limited edition series is just good sense.

Getting number 1 for free is stealing.

Locke would be proud.

Comments on "A Contest Worth Entering"

 

Blogger Patrick said ... (6:40 PM) : 

So does that mean that my regular giveaways are not worth entering!?!;-)

I agree that getting the number 1 copy of this limited edition is highway robbery. When I initially approached Subpress, I never thought they would offer such a prize! Makes me want to rig this one, just so I can get that copy!!!

At least I'm getting the ARC!:-)

 

Blogger John said ... (4:13 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger John said ... (4:13 PM) : 

LIAR!!!

- Bronn Stone here!

 

Blogger Race said ... (2:14 PM) : 

If its stealing I feel like a regular gentleman bastard!!! :D

 

Blogger Jonathan said ... (12:05 PM) : 

William! I'm an avid lurker at your blog but you've been gone a while and I need to know whether to buy the UK hardback of Scott Lynch's Red Seas, Red Skies, or the US hardback. US hardbacks are usually better made and have better paper and binding, but the UK release looks like being the first and will probably have a nicer cover. Help us!

Seriously - hope all is well.

 

Blogger William Lexner said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Honestly, I would jump on them both.

For value, UK all the way. It's first and it's lovely. It's also a shorter run.

 

post a comment