Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Breather

I have been asked by my attorney to discontinue blogging for the forseeable future. As such, IHIDJGATE is and will remain in stasis.

I apologize profusely. There is nothing I can do about it.

I'll be back someday, but until then, please read the links over on the right on a regular basis. Those guys and girls are almost as smart and tasteful as me.


Just as a parting shot.....


-Black Man by Richard Morgan 10/10, a must read.
-Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch 9.5/10
-Before They Are Hanged
by Joe Abercrombie 9/10
-
The Name of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss 8/10
-Marvel Comics Civil War storyline 4/10
-The Last Colony
by John Scalzi 5/10
-Bright of The Sky
by Kay Kenyon 8/10
-A Thousand Deaths
by George Alec Effinger 8/10
-Mother of Lies
by Dave Duncan 7.5/10
-In War Times
by Kathleen Ann Goonan 8.5/10
-The Yiddish Policemen's Union
by Michael Chabon 9/10
-Death's Head
by David Gunn 6/10
-White Night
by Jim Butcher 7/10
-Breakaway
by Joel Shepherd 8/10
-The Children of Hurin
by JRRT 9.5/10 (but you've already read it.)
-Gradisil
by Adam Roberts 7.5/10
-The Terror
by Dan Simmons 9/10
-The Tower of Shadows
by Drew Bowling 7.5/10
-Map of Dreams
by M. Rickert 9/10


-The Lies of Locke Lamora limited edition 10/10, beautiful book.



If you want an opinion, have a question, would like to yell at me, or want to offer me a lot of money from your Kenyan bank account for a modest investment, my email address is williamlexner@gmail.com.

Cheers.

Comments on "A Breather"

 

Blogger Neth said ... (3:47 PM) : 

Well, it's never a good think when you are in a position needing to take an attorny's advice, so best of luck with all that.


You'll be missed - you offer an intersting opinion that's often contrary to many out there.

 

Blogger M. said ... (9:31 AM) : 

That's really sad to hear, I always enjoyed your blog. I don't know what legal trouble you've got in, but I hope it clears up soon and in your favour.

 

Blogger Marguerite said ... (3:58 AM) : 

I'm sorry to hear that. I knew there hadn't been much up lately but I thought you were just busy with other things.

I've really enjoyed reading your opinions on books, and checking out your recommendations, so you'd better believe I'll keep pestering you.

Plus, I just happen to have this offshore account that I'm having problems accessing, and since you're offering....

 

Blogger Patrick said ... (5:18 PM) : 

Hey William,

That's too bad, my friend, especially since we have very similar tastes in books.

You'll be missed, that goes without saying. Hopefully you'll continue to raise some hell on Westeros!;-)

 

Blogger Wyrm Publishing said ... (9:07 AM) : 

Sorry to hear that. I hope that whatever is going on is wrapped up quickly and in your favor.

-Neil

 

Blogger Adam Whitehead said ... (1:56 PM) : 

Already looking forward to your return and a Black Man review! Take it easy,

-Ad

 

Blogger Annie the Superfast Reader said ... (2:13 PM) : 

oh, darn! i just discovered you today & added you to my blogroll... good luck & hope you can come back soon--

 

Blogger Addison said ... (2:36 PM) : 

Hey, I recently added a news widget from www.widgetmate.com to my blog. It shows the latest news, and just took a copy and paste to implement. Might interest you too.

 

Blogger Alison said ... (7:07 AM) : 

Fuck this breather bullshit.

Read. Review. Write.

I'm groing impatient.

-Alison 11/6/07

 

post a comment